Resources for Today
Resources and information you need to navigate an ever changing world.
Responding to COVID-19
Current and reliable information about the Coronovirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- State of Ohio Coronavirus Portal – The clearing house for pandemic information maintained by the Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Unemployment – Ohioans can apply for unemployment benefits online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is also possible to file by phone at 877-644-6562 or TTY at 888- 642-8203, Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturdays. These are new expanded hours.
- Ohio Department of Health – Main site
- Governor of Ohio – Look here for Executive Orders and other information. Site hosts a live press conference everyday at 2:00 p.m. from Governor Mike Dewine and team for Ohioans. Archived video available.
- Ashtabula County Health Department
- Ashtabula City Health Department
- Ashtabula Area Community Action Agency (AACAA) – Link is for the 2-1-1- COVID resources and information page.
- Ohio Manufacturing Alliance Repurposing Project – Learn how manufacturers can help respond to the pandemic by retooling to make personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Coronavirus.gov – Federal level clearing house COVID news and information with updates from The White House, CDC, and FEMA
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 CDC page which includes sew and no sew instructions for making your own face mask.
- Johns Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center – Site includes facts; data; an interactive map; and more about the COVID-19 pandemic.
Election – VOTE BY MAIL
- Ashtabula County Board of Elections – Look here for information about elections in Ashtabula County.
- Vote Ohio – Site for information about Ohio Elections from the Ohio Secretary of State. Get your absentee ballot request form and mail it in today!
Taxes – DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Federal Government and the State of Ohio have extended the 2019 tax deadline from April 15 to July 15. Learn more about the extensions and other tax filing information below.
- AARP Tax Aide Services – AARP has suspended Tax-Aide services until further notice. For updates, check the web page periodically or call 1-888-227-7669.
- Internal Revenue Service – Information and printable forms.
- Ohio Department of Taxation – Information and printable forms.
- City of Ashtabula Tax Department – Information and printable forms.
- City of Geneva Tax Department – Information and printable forms.
- USA.gov Tax Resource Page – General resources & information about filing federal, state, and local taxes.
2020 Census – You Count!
The Census Continues, despite the pandemic Respond to the Census. It’s easy, safe, and secure. The census helps shape many different aspects of your community. Everyone is counted. For the first time, you can choose to respond online, by phone, or by mail. Deadline to respond extended to August 25, 2020.
- Complete Your Census Questionnaire Online
- Video Guide to Completing the 2020 Census Online (English)
- Ashtabula County Census Committee
Heath, Safety, and Emotional Support – Stay Safe and Take Care of Yourself!
Stay Safe and get help when you need it. Always call 911 in an emergency!
- When in Crisis:
- Suicide Crisis Text Line – Text 4HOPE at 741741
- Children Services Hotline – 1-888-998-1811 Available 24/7
- Rape Crisis Center Hotline – 440-354-7364
- Homesafe Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-952-2873
- Ashtabula County Mental Health and Recovery Board – “You are not alone, we are here to help”
- Community Counseling Center – Community Counseling Center is a non-profit behavioral health provider focused on engaging the community in recovery. Visit the website of call 440-998-4210 for more information.
* Links are provided as a courtesy. Resources have been selected for reliability and currency but ACDL can make no guarantee of either. Contents of each site are the property, thoughts and opinions of their respective owners.
If you need any assistance please contact us. We would be happy to help!