Through the years the Ashtabula County Infirmary provided care for those who had no means or were too ill to care for themselves. Built in 1841, it served the community until the early 1970's. In the 1930's Longview Hospital was opened to separate those who were critically ill & needed nursing care from the others. A portion of this is still in operation today & resides across the street from the original structure at the corner of Dibble and South Ridge Road.
The following document was created from original documents that remain to be rediscovered. It lists the names, dates, and locations of burial for several patients in the Ashtabula County Infirmary. Please note that indications of “Marker Number” have not been verified by ACDL, so the accuracy of that information cannot be guaranteed.