- Digital Library
- About the Library?
- Public Use Technology
How do I sign up for an eCard?
How do I get started with the SEO Libraries App?
1. Download the SEO Libraries app from your devices app store.
Apple App Store
2. Tab the menu and tap sign in.
3. Enter your library card number and your Pin number, and tap “login”.
How do I get started with Libby?
1.Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
2. In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
3. Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
4. Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you have a device that’s not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
How do I sign up for Overdrive?
1. Install the OverDrive app from your device’s app store or from app.overdrive.com.
If you’re under 13, you can use one of the under-13 sign-in options.
Once you’ve found it, click or tap the collection name to start browsing. This will also automatically save the collection to your library list in the app.
How do I sign up for Kanopy?
1. Go to www.kanopy.com/signup and click on “Find Your Library”
2. Type your library name and select it from the list, or search for a library near you using your city name or zip code
3. Enter your library card number, and if required, your library card password/PIN and click Continue
4. Complete the signup process by creating your Kanopy account
Your account can be created using your Google or Facebook login, or can be done directly on Kanopy using your email address and password. Your password will need to be at least 6 characters.
5. After creating your account, you’ll receive a verification email in your inbox. Click on the link in this email to verify your email address.
6. You’re ready to start watching! Click on Watch Now on the welcome screen to start browsing.
How do I sign up for Hoopla?
1. Go to Hoopladigital.com.
2. Click “Get Started”.
3. Choose your local library and click “next”.
4. Enter your library card number and Pin number and click “next”.
5. Enter your email address and a password, click “next”.
6. If you agree to the terms and conditions click “Sign Me Up” and you are ready to go.
How do I sign up for Lynda.com?
1. Got to Lynda.com
2. Sign in with your library card number and Pin number and click “login”.
About the Library
Where are you Located?
We have 2 physical locations in Ashtabula and Geneva.
Ashtabula Public Library
4335 Park Ave.
Ashtabula Ohio 44004
Geneva Public Library
860 Sherman St.
Geneva, Ohio 44041
What do I need to get a Library Card?
Photo ID (Driver’s License, State-Issued ID, Military ID, Passport) showing your current address or
Photo ID and a bill, car title, or other official correspondence that shows current address
If you do not have any document that shows your current address, we can send a postcard to your home which must be returned to the library.
What do I get with my library card?
Access to our entire collection of books, magazines, newspapers, audiobooks, ebooks, movies, music, games as well as access to our Digital Library.
Other services include:
FREE: WiFi, HotSpots, FAX (free to send, 10 cents per page to print), scan to email, computer use, game room (teens only), programs, digital resources…
Low-cost Printing: $0.10/page/side either black and white or color
Low-cost Lamination: (6mm grade, up to legal size 8.5 X 14 inches) $1.00 per page
What is SEO?
“The SEO (Serving Every Ohioan) Service Center, located in Caldwell, supports a consortium of 95 Library systems at 241 physical locations throughout 49 counties across Ohio using the OPLIN network.
The power of this consortium resides in resource sharing among consortium members allowing small and rural library systems to have access to millions of items for their patrons free of charge.
The SEO Service Center houses, maintains and supports a centralized shared catalog database that includes over 8 million items with a patron database of 930,000+ borrowers.” ACDL is part of the SEO Consortium
Do you offer notary service?
A notary public is on staff and available at the Ashtabula and Geneva Libraries most weekdays during standard business hours. Special evening hours may be arranged as available.
Library patrons should call ahead to be certain the notary is available at the specific library, and to confirm that they and their documents meet the library’s requirements for notary service.
Required for notary service:
- Driver’s license or another form of photo ID and current address
- Original document(s) to be notarized
- Original signer(s) must be present and sign in the presence of the notary
There is no fee for the notary public’s service; however, a notary public reserves the right to decline services.
Public Use Technology
Do you have computers for the public to use?
Our computers are equipped with web browsers, office software including spreadsheets, word processing, and graphic software, as well as links to useful educational resources for our patrons. All library databases can be accessed via our public computers. Wireless access to the Internet is also available in both buildings for patrons with wi-fi enabled devices.
We do expect that those who access the library’s Internet connection observe our Internet Acceptable Use policy.
Do I need to have a library card to use a computer?
Having your own library card is beneficial, but we do have limited guest passes available for visitors.
How long are the computer sessions?
We currently do not have limits on computer use, however, if people are waiting for available terminals, we may put temporary time limits on use.
Do I need to reserve a computer?
No, computers are on first-come-first-served basis.
We do not accept reservations for computer use.
How much does it cost to print?
There is a 10¢ per page fee for 8 1⁄2” x 11” (letter), for 8 1⁄2” x 14” (legal) and for 11” x 17” (ledger) for black & white or color copies/prints.
Copies/prints may be made on both sides of a sheet of paper; however,the 10¢ fee is charged for each side of the print. Wireless and Expressnet printing is available for pick up at circulation desk.
What size paper is available?
8 1⁄2” x 11” (letter), for 8 1⁄2” x 14” (legal) and for 11” x 17” (ledger) for black & white or color copies/prints.