World Book Student
World Book Student is a one-stop shop for cross-curricular learning. Student includes translations to 100+ languages, a Biography Center, current events, research guides, and seamless integrations with Google Classroom and Microsoft OneDrive. The My Research and Citation Builder features assist learners in organizing and analyzing their findings. World Book’s beloved encyclopedia comes to life in a digital format, perfect for elementary and middle school learners to access information from trusted sources.
- Student articles feature high-interest, readable content enhanced with rich multimedia, including nearly 700 videos and original animations, and 17,000+ photos and illustrations.
- In addition, Student has an array of features to help students engage with content and access the information they need.
Student has many features designed to enhance the research process and increase student engagement and interest:
- Interactive images with fun hot spots of information and virtual reality options! For a complete list of interactive images and their related articles click here.
- Math and Science games appear in relevant articles to engage users and extend learning in a fun, interactive way! For a complete list of games and related articles click here.
- My Research offers a personal, digital tool to stay organized, allowing users to compile content that can be accessed from home or school.
- The Biography Center contains more than 10,000 biographies of both historical and contemporary figures.
- Seamless integrations with OneDrive, Google Drive, and Google Classroom from within Student.
- Trivia quizzes that make learning fun.
- Age-appropriate WebQuests provide exploratory print-and-do activities.
- Lexile® measures on Student’s most popular articles deliver a “targeted” reading experience.
- Extensive built-in dictionary and an easy-to-navigate atlas.
- Translation tool that can translate all articles into 100+ languages! See the list of available translation languages here.
- See correlations to Common Core, state, and provincial standards.
Features on the Homepage
Additional tutorial videos are available direct from World Book Training & Support.