Consumer Health Complete
A comprehensive database for consumer-oriented health content, Consumer Health Complete is designed to help users gain an overall understanding of key topics across the health and wellness spectrum — from mainstream medicine to complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
Consumer Health Complete offers an intuitive search interface that allows users to filter search results by source type. In addition to full-text journals, magazines, health reference books and evidence-based health reports, the database includes:
- Nearly 500 medical images and diagrams
- More than 240 animations with audio narration and transcripts
- Consumer health pamphlets and leaflets from the CDC, FDA, NIH and others
- Drug information in English and Spanish
- Merriam-Webster’s Medical Desk Dictionary
Consumer Health Complete contains dozens of articles on a variety of teen health topics from smoking and sexting to dealing with anger and coping with divorce. “TeenTalk” articles are aimed at teens, while “How to Talk to Teens” articles provide tips to parents on starting difficult but important conversations.