Ebooks, Audiobooks, Music, Movies, Comics, etc.
- Hoopla — Movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, and more, 24/7, no waiting. From Ashtabula County District Library for Ashtabula County residents.
- Project Gutenberg offers over 45,000 free ebooks: choose among PDF, epub, KindleTM, HTML, or plain text formats. You can download them or read them online.
- The Ohio Digital Library is a digital consortium of 179 Ohio libraries. The libraries share a collection of digital media that includes eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, music and video.
Newspapers and Periodicals
- MasterFile Premier, full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals with full-text information dating as far back as 1975.
- Elephind — “The goal of Elephind.com is to make it possible to search all the world’s online historic newspapers from one place. We aren’t there yet, but we are adding more newspapers every day.” Includes the Ashtabula Weekly Telegraph from July 3, 1858 through December 24, 1880.
- Ashtabula Star Beacon – Access articles and obituaries from 2007 through the present from home with your library card via NewsBank.
- The Internet Archive, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Like a paper library, the Internet Archive provides free access to researchers, historians, scholars, the print disabled, and the general public.
- The Digital Public Library of America brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.