Support the Library
There are several ways you can support the Ashtabula County District Library:
I want to donate money.
The Ashtabula County District Library welcomes general donations to help support our operations. We also welcome donations in memory of a loved one.
You can donate money directly to the library in person at any library location, or by mailing a check or money order to the address below (do not send cash in the mail):
Ashtabula County District Library
4335 Park Ave
Ashtabula OH 44004
I want to donate books or other materials.
Thanks for remembering the library! The Ashtabula County District Library is always pleased to accept gifts based on the following criteria:
- The Library, in accepting the gift, obtains free and complete legal title to it. The Library may dispose of materials which do not meet criteria.
- If an appraisal is desired, the Donor shall incur the cost of appraisal prior to transference of gift to the Library.
- The Donor may prepare and attach a list of materials donated to be signed by staff accepting the materials. Library staff will not prepare such a list.
Tips for donating books and other materials:
- Kids’ books
- DVDs and CDs
- Puzzles and games
Sorry, we can’t take…
- Moldy or mildewed books
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
If you have donations that meet the criteria above, please stop by either our Ashtabula or Geneva buildings to drop them off. On rare occasions we have more donations than we can handle, so it might be a good idea to call ahead to make sure we’re accepting donations at that time.
I want to volunteer my time.
The Ashtabula County District Library board encourages individuals and groups to volunteer their time and efforts.
The library’s volunteer program is designed to expand and enhance public service to the community. Volunteers generally provide support services to paid staff, and/or work on special projects. Volunteers learn more about the library and its place in the community, and observe firsthand the way the library serves the community’s needs.
- Ashtabula County District Library Foundation
- Circulation Aide
- Cleaning, dusting, etc.
- Folding newsletters
- Friends of the Ashtabula Library
- Friends of the Geneva Library
- Library Outreach
- Outdoor tasks in summer
- Partners in Reading
- Program Aide
- Public Computer Assistant
- Public Relations
- Summer Reading Program
Volunteers are expected to:
- be positive, patient, and polite.
- schedule their time in advance with their library supervisor.
- follow the library’s Code of Conduct, posted around the building.
- maintain appropriate personal appearance at all times.
- keep personal phone calls and visits to a minimum.
- record the hours worked as a volunteer as directed.
- respect the confidentiality of our library patrons.
Volunteer applications are available at any public service desk at either the Ashtabula or Geneva building, or you can download a copy to print out and bring to the library.