The Ashtabula County District Library board encourages individuals and groups to volunteer their time and efforts.
The library’s volunteer program is designed to expand and enhance public service to the community. Volunteers generally provide support services to paid staff, and/or work on special projects. Volunteers learn more about the library and its place in the community, and observe firsthand the way the library serves the community’s needs.
- Ashtabula County District Library Foundation
- Circulation Aide
- Cleaning, dusting, etc.
- Folding newsletters
- Friends of the Ashtabula Library
- Friends of the Geneva Library
- Genealogy/Local history
- Library Outreach
- Outdoor tasks in summer
- Partners in Reading
- Program Aide
- Public Computer Assistant
- Public Relations
- Summer Reading Program
Volunteers are expected to:
- be positive, patient, and polite.
- schedule their time in advance with their library supervisor.
- follow the library’s Code of Conduct, posted around the building.
- maintain appropriate personal appearance at all times.
- keep personal phone calls and visits to a minimum.
- record the hours worked as a volunteer as directed.
- respect the confidentiality of our library patrons.
Volunteer applications are available at any public service desk at either the Ashtabula or Geneva building, or you can download a copy to print out and bring to the library.