A public bulletin board is available at each library location for community groups and organizations wanting to publicize meetings, programs and special events. The use of the exhibit/display spaces conforms to the ALA Bill of Rights:
- Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background or view of those contributing to their creation.
- Materials should not be prescribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
- Space will be made available on an equitable basis regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the individuals or groups requesting their use.
The materials to be posted must be non-political and nonpartisan and non-profit. No campaign or ballot-related literature may be posted.
Materials accepted for posting, not to exceed 12” x 18” will be based on appearance, timeliness, local interest and general suitability of the announcement. Non-library materials will be posted/displayed in designated spaces. The library will not be responsible for returning materials. Unauthorized materials will be discarded.
With the exception of library related sales or auctions or related event, examples of exclusions are:
- Notice of merchandise for sale, other commercial advertising, solicitations and business cards
- Rental announcements
- Any notice of sales or auctions and related events.
No petitions may be presented in the library or on library property. The only exception is for petitions relating to the library.
The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of topics expressed in the postings.
Posting Policy (PDF)